Wednesday, December 23, 2009

I Love Getting Gifts...

One of the coolest things about the community of podcasts I belong to is the TRUE community aspect. A majority of the people who listen, converse and podcast themselves all tend to be sincerely nice people - something that can be hard to find...especially on the internet.

So, this year The Comic Geek Speak Forum held its annual gift exchange program. The usual consists of your "Secret Santa" drawing a sketch of the character of your choice alongside a small stack of comics that may not always be considered top-notch. Nontheless, it is always a fun exchange and it brings about that holiday feel.

This week I recieved my package from Mr. Travis Fowler...and, man, what a holiday treat.














Yes. Alongside Miracleman #1 and a Chris Giarusso Spider-man sketch (if that wasn't enough), the man also sent along all three volumes of Jeff Lemire's Essex County, issues #107-110 & #116-119 & #500 of Ed Brubaker's Daredevil, issues #1-3 of Comics Now magazine, issue #1 of the new Doom Patrol series from Keith Giffen, Teen Titans Lost Annual, issue #1 of the Waid/Perez Brave and the Bold, issues #1-6 of the Adam Beechen Batgirl, Super Real TPB, and Attack of the Monstrology TPB.

So, as you can tell - Mr. Fowler is awesome. Plain and simple. Thank you, Mr. Fowler.

But, to all you thinking my title of "I Love Getting Gifts..." implies my range of joy is limited, think again. To me, giving is just (or even more) important as getting. I could sit here and tell you about all the gifts or time I gave this year, but I don't want to come off as boasting. I just want you all to keep in mind that it is not all about the getting. Sometimes giving brings the greatest joy (corney, yes, but true).

Happy Holidays.

No comments:

Post a Comment